Recipe: Tuscan Minestrone
- 4 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 bottle of tomato passata or 1 can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 can red kidney beans
- 1 can navy beans
- 1 can chickpeas
- or 1 cup of mixed beans soaked overnight and cooked separately
- 1 tbsp. dried basil
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano or marjoram
- 1⁄2 cup whole grain macaroni pasta (brown rice, spelt, kamut)
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Sauté the onions, carrots and celery until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the vegetable stock, and tomato passata. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low, partially cover, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the beans and cook about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Add dried basil and oregano/marjoram.
- Add the pasta and cook for 10 min.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Copyright © LearnEatGrow.
Filed under: Main Entrees